Davy Byrnes Front Bar

Davy Byrne retired in 1939, and in 1942 the pub was acquired by the Doran family of Marlbourgh Street, who had been in the Dublin licensed trade for 50 years. Reflecting a changing era the Doran family brought a fresh image to Davy Byrnes, one more outgoing and cosmopolitan in style. During the war years they pioneered the first great cocktail pub in Dublin. Clientele changed too, and a more fashionable, business customer was attracted to the premises.

Comments are closed.